Homestead Information

To find out if you need to make changes to your Homestead information visit:

When you get there, click on "Search" then select "Pearl River" Click on Real Property Taxes, then type in your last name.  Scroll down to your personal property, then click on yourself.  There are a couple of things that you might see when you scroll down to "Homestead"  You might see "REG"  this means that you have a regular homestead.  If you see "None" you have no registered homestead.  If you see "065" you will know that you have the homestead status of "over 65".  If you have questions about your homestead status, please feel free to contact us.  While there is a limited time in which you can claim your homestead status, we will be happy to remind you or if necessary, give you copies of the documents you need to file, if you purchased through us within the past year.


1) Change in Marital Status, such as

     a. Marriage

     b. Divorce

     c. Death of a Spouse

2) Buying new property (adding a new parcel, building a new house, buying a new mobile home)

3) Selling part of your property (giving part to relatives)

4) Becoming over 65 years of age

     a. Must be 65 years of age on or before January 1st of the new year

     b. Must bring in proof of age.

5) Becoming disabled

     a. Bring in proof of disablilty

6) Change in type of ownership (life estate, etc)




Warranty Deed - Original or Recorded Copy    The Chancery Clerk can provide a recorded copy

Husband and Wife's Social Security Numbers

Purchase Price of Land and/or House or Mobile Home

Down Payment, Interest Rate, and Monthly Payments

License Plate numbers on ALL vehicles owned by you or in your possession. MUST BE MISSISSIPPI LICENSE PLATES.

If over 65 on or before January 1st of the year you are filing, bring proof of age (Drivers License, birth certificate, voter registration, school record, or Bible record)

If Social Security Disabled - 100% - Bring proof of disability (Social Security award certificate, notice of Social Insurance award, TPQY, or Medicare Card.  All of these forms you should have or can receive from the local Social Security Office)

If certified 100% disabled by the Veterans Administration - service connected - bring claim number.


If you do not have all of the information listed above, please do not ask to make an application for Homestead Exemption.  This information is required by the State Tax Commission and is used in determining your eligibility for Homestead Exemption.  No applications will be accepted unless they are complete.  Any information requested by this office on the application that is not given will be considered DENIED and may result in loss of exemption.  It is your responsibility to provide the information to this office. 


The deadline for filing is April 1st - ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.

Applications will be taken Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM during the whole months of January, February, and March, and Saturday from 8AM to 12PM only during the month of January.

NOTE: All the above information was taken from hand outs from the Pearl River County Tax Collector.  We are not responsible for any changes made to the requirements.